Monday, May 23, 2016

Eleventh Day

17. Mai 2016

Today was the last of our site visits.  We went to PPG in Ingersheim, which was about a 3 hour bus ride and a great opportunity for a nap.  I was especially excited to go to PPG since it is headquartered in Pittsburgh.  I knew that it would be really interesting to see how they operate in another country.  Overall, the visit was really great! Marcus, the director of supply chain, really set up a great day for us! He is a Pittsburgh native, and we had already met him in Pittsburgh when he gave us a pre-lecture on PPG.  Everyone at PPG was so friendly, and you could tell that they loved their jobs and were dedicated to putting forward their best efforts.  I really admired their dedication. It is what I want to aspire to have and show in my everyday life.  After the visit, we left to go back to Augsburg.  When we got back, it was time to really get to work on finalizing our projects as they were due the next day. Before getting to work, my group went to Unikum, which is a really cool restaurant right on campus at the University of Augsburg. I ordered Currywurst, which is something I've been told I need to try when I go to Germany.  I was not disappointed! It was really really delicious.  I was sad that I hadn't tried it earlier in the trip so that I could have ordered it again and again!  Next, we went to the library and were met by a special visitor! All of the American students were so surprised to see a cute cat relaxing in the library! This little guy is actually quite famous around the university! He is known as the "campus cat," and the Augsburg students told me that he actually has more likes on Facebook than the university itself!  Of course, I had to get a selfie to document the moment! After a small break to hang out with the cat, we got down to work and worked for about 4 hours! Time went by quickly though because it was nice to be spending time with the German students in our group.  After finishing up the PowerPoint, we all were exhausted, so we decided to actually go back to Unikum for some late night snacks and refreshments. The same waitress was working, and she found it very funny that we were back! It was a nice way to relax after working so hard! After, we parted ways and went back to the hotel. We had to rest up for the big presentation that was to come the next day!







Bis Später!

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment