Monday, May 23, 2016

Tenth Day

16. Mai 2016

Today has honestly been a fairytale!  I finally got to go to Neuschwanstein, which is an amazing castle in the Alps and probably one of the most beautiful places in the world. It was the castle that inspired Cinderella's castle, so I honestly felt like a princess for the day.  As we pulled up to the castle, it did not look real.  I have never seen such a beautiful sight in my entire life.  It was then time to hike all the way up to the castle.  Since I have hiked up to the Hollywood sign before, I was prepared to take on this feat.  I talked to two of the German students, Jan and Christoph, the whole way up so this also made it more fun!  When we finally got up to the top, I was taken away! It was amazing!  After countless pictures, we then went inside for a tour. Unfortunately, we could not take any pictures inside, but it was so grand and beautiful inside, as well.  I was amazed by all of the detail that went into perfecting each room and by how well-preserved everything was.  We were all a little bummed that the bridge where you can get a perfect picture of the whole castle was closed for construction, but we definitely still got a great view.  After touring the castle, we were all starved! It was time to make the hike back down the hill to leave for lunch.  For lunch, we drove to Füssen, a small town right near Neuschwanstein.  The town was right out of a postcard! It was probably one of the cutest places I have ever been to! For lunch, we had three options, all of which were traditional Bavarian dishes.  My lunch was so good, but at this point, I probably would have eaten anything because I was so hungry!  Next, we were able to explore the town for a little bit.  My friends and I definitely ate our way through Füssen.  First, we bought "Ballin" which were these huge cookie balls with fillings. Right after, we got gelato! Everything just looked too good to pass up!  After leaving Füssen, we went to the famous Wieskirche, which is a breathtaking German church.  At this point, my friends and I were exhausted so we sat in the pews and took in the beautiful sights.  Right outside of the church, they were selling traditional German doughnuts, and even though my friends and I already had enough sweets, we couldn't help but order one.  It was definitely a great decision.  The warm donut was perfect to keep us warm on such a cold day!  After the Wieskirche, it was finally time to head back to Augsburg.  I'm pretty sure all of us fell asleep on the bus because at this point, we were exhausted.  When we got back, my group decided to meet to work on some of our final project.  We just worked in the lobby of the hotel.  After working for a little, some of my friends and I went into the city to get some dinner.  We went to a Mexican restaurant because food was half-priced on Mondays.  Most people would probably find it strange to go to a Mexican restaurant in Germany, but it was so delicious! It was probably some of the best Mexican food I have ever had!  After dinner, we went back to the hotel and crashed almost immediately.  What an eventful and fun day!















Bis Später!

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment