Monday, May 23, 2016

Fifth Day

11. Mai 2016

Guten Tag!  What a busy day again today! My day started off with a lecture at the BMW headquarters.  As a member of the group working on BMW, I was really excited for this!  When we pulled up to the headquarters, I was amazed!  There were so many buildings and they were all so modern and impressive!  The BMW Headquarters building was particularly impressive because it was designed to resemble the 4-cylinder engine of a car.  The talk was fascinating! It mostly revolved around their marketing strategies and their innovations including new softwares and services and the BMWi brand of electric cars.  We definitely received a lot of great information for our final presentation!  After, we went back to Augsburg for a quick lunch before our visit to KUKA, a robot manufacturer.  We got Döner, which is a German specialty that kind of resembles a gyro.  Since I am not really a big fan of gyros, I was very surprised by how much I liked it!  After lunch, we took the tram to KUKA.  There, we received a tour of their facilities where they produce their robots.  It was so cool!  I never imagined so much work went into making them!  Each step of the manufacturing process was so detailed and precise.  After KUKA, we went back to the hotel to freshen up before dinner.  A group of us met up with Jan and Dennis, two of the German students.  Dennis took us to Va Piano, an Italian restaurant in the city.  I ordered a Margherita pizza that was really tasty!  Not only was the food great, but it was so much fun to talk to the German students even more!  After dinner, we met up with even more of the German students.  They took us to the top of a parking garage that was made into a beach!  It was such a fun, chill hang out place!  We spent the rest of the night enjoying each other's company and planning out the rest of our nights with them.  I'm so glad that we've been able to bond so well!  Since we all knew we had to wake up at 6 am the next day, we headed back early.  I fell asleep as soon as I got back to prepare for the next day.  I am definitely loving my time in Germany!


















Bis Später!

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment