Monday, May 23, 2016

Twelfth Day

18. Mai 2016

What a relief that today is over!  Today was the day that we had to present our final presentations on our companies.  I knew it would be incredibly stressful, so I made sure to get a good night of sleep.  When I woke up, I immediately put on my business casual and headed to the university where I met my group for lunch at the Mensa.  There, we also met with some of the other groups and all sat together.  I accidentally made the mistake of ordering spinach lasagna that had fish in it, which I wasn't a very big fan of but it didn't go to waste because my friend Ben accepted it with open arms.  After lunch, it was time to get down to business.  Our PowerPoint was already done but we had to work on perfecting the actual presentation, which was still well over the 20 minute time limit. We practiced and practiced until we could not practice any more.  At this point, we were all feeling pretty tired and drained, so we went to print out our PowerPoint and then take a break.  Printing at the univeristy costs money, which made me really thankful for the free print system we have at Pitt as it is super convenient!  Next, a few of my group members and I went back to the restaurant on campus once again to order some desserts so that we could de-stress before having to present.  I got three scoops of ice cream, and it was exactly what I needed to get me ready for the presentation.  After ice cream, we went to the presentation room and practiced one last time.  We ended up going first for our presentation, and I was super nervous!  However, it went so well!  By talking as fast as I could to conclude the presentation, we just stayed under the time limit.  I was so proud of our group and how far we came in just a few short days!  We were able to deliver an amazing presentation that really embodied the innovation and ground-breaking technology at B&M and how they are always looking toward the future.  After watching the rest of the presentations, which were all so impressive, a bunch of us decided to go into town to get some dinner and celebrate! We went to Capitol, which is a super cool restaurant in an old movie theater.  All of the food is named after different hit movies.  For example, I ordered the "Pulp Fiction" burger.  It was so delicious that I finished the whole thing and even had a slice of my friend's pizza she had ordered! It was such a fun time as we all enjoyed great food and conversation with the German students!  Overall, it was a great end to a stressful day! 





Bis Später!

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment