Monday, May 23, 2016

Sixth Day

12. Mai 2016

It's been another great day in Germany!  It started off extremely early, which I wasn't very happy about because I'm not really a morning person.  But it wasn't too bad because we had a 3 hour bus ride ahead of us to Lear.  I slept almost the whole way there, but was also able to enjoy some of the beautiful German countryside.  I really enjoyed the company visit, although it was very long and also very technical.  There was very little focus on the business side of things until the very end when they touched on supply chain management, which is one of my majors so I was excited to listen!  We finally left Lear at about 3:30 and left for Nuremberg.  That was about another 2 hours away so it was time for a second nap.  When we got there, our bus driver had a hard time maneuvering the bus through the narrow streets, so some students had to get out of the bus to direct him.  We were all holding our breath as he finally was able to make the narrow turn.  We then were met by our tour guides who showed us around the beautiful city of Nuremberg.  I fell in love with the city immediately.  It was exactly what I would picture a German city to look like.  The architecture and history of the city was just amazing! The tour was so interesting too.  It was so cool to find out that the city of Nuremburg was named after the fact that it was originally founded on a hill and was called "Nur ein Berg" which means "only a hill."  The tour led us to where we would be having dinner, which was such a cute little traditional Bavarian restaurant.  I was hoping we would be getting some world-famous Nuremberg sausage and of course we did!  We received a plate full of Würst.  There were three different types and each was just as delicious as the next!  It also came with Sauerkraut which I scarfed down because I love it so much!  After dinner, we took the bus back to Augsburg.  On the way back, some of the girls and I blasted music and sang along! It was so much fun!  I thought it was so cool that the German girls knew and loved a lot of the same songs as us!  When we got back, we were all so tired, but we still wanted to hang out with the German students, so we went out into the city to explore and enjoy each other's company.  Overall, it was another amazing day!













Bis Später!

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment