Monday, May 23, 2016

Seventh Day

13. Mai 2016

Today we ventured to Munich once again to visit the BMW headquarters.  We were able to sleep in a little and then headed on a bus to start our day after breakfast.  When we got there, we were let free to explore BMW World, where you can see all of the newest models of BMW's, Mini Cooper's, and Rolls Royce's.  I really loved being able to sit in the cars, even though I know I will probably never be able to afford them.  We also went to the museum where we saw the old fashioned motorcycles and cars.  It was interesting, but I definitely preferred being able to see the new cars in the BMW World. After eating a pretzel for lunch in the cafe, we headed out for our factory tour of BMW.  It started off with a short movie about the history and innovation of BMW, which I really enjoyed.  I was really excited to go on a tour of the factory because my brother works for Ford as an engineer and actually had to work on the assembly line for a month when he first started.  I was interested to see what it was like to produce a car from start to finish.  It was definitely fascinating!  I especially liked watching the robots paint the cars.  I couldn't believe how quick, efficient, and synchronized it was!  The tour was very interesting but a little long.  By the end of the two hours, my feet were in so much pain from walking, and I was ready for a nap.  When we got on the bus back for Augsburg, I fell right to sleep.  When we got back, we were free to go anywhere for dinner, so the German students suggested an Italian restaurant for pizza.  At this point, it was pouring down rain, so we had to run to catch our tram and then through the town center to the restaurant.  The restaurant was so nice! I couldn't decide which pizza to order, so I combined two, which was a speciality of the restaurant.  I got the Verdure, a grilled vegetable pizza, and the Caprese, which has fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil.  I loved both!  I finished the whole pizza without shame!  I still can't believe how good the Italian food is here in Germany.  For dessert, my friend Veronica and I shared Spaghettieis, which is a German speciality dessert of vanilla ice cream which strawberry sauce.  It is made to resemble spaghetti.  I have always wanted to try it since learning about it in middle school German classes, so I was so excited when I saw it on the menu.  It was delicious, and so worth the wait!  After dinner, we hung out with the German students even more, which of course, was tons of fun!  I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to say bye to them next week.  For now, I just am going to try to avoid thinking about it and enjoy the rest of my time here in beautiful Germany.














Bis Später!

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment